There are now three different versions of the Motivating By Appreciation Inventory:
1The Basic MBA Inventory.
This is much like the initial version of the MBAI – it identifies the individual’s Primary Language of Appreciation, their Secondary Language of Appreciation, and their Least Valued Language of Appreciation. Additionally, the respondent then chooses the acts of appreciation they prefer in their Primary Language of Appreciation and from whom they desire those actions (e.g. supervisor, colleagues.) The report is concise and to the point.
2The Advanced MBA Inventory.
Built upon the foundation of the initial MBA Inventory, the Advanced version identifies the Primary, Secondary and Least Valued languages of appreciation, as well as the appreciation actions preferred in the individual’s Primary Language of Appreciation (and from whom they are desired.) Three new additional components are included (one of these is optional):
- a section on the ways the individual clearly does not want to be shown appreciation (research shows that we tend to feel strongly about what we don’t like);
- statistics on how your responses compare to the general population — demonstrated with easily understood graphics;
- the ability to report individual’s and work group results to employers and provide group statistics, including groups according to age range, and industry (optional, but only available with Advanced or Premiere MBAI’s).
3The Premiere MBA Inventory.
Using the Advanced MBA Inventory as the starting point, the Premiere version is for large organizations (e.g. corporations, government agencies) who want to customize the inventory to their employees and work settings. Options include creating unique action items, incorporating the organization’s logo, mission statement, core values in the report, and creating customized demographic categories (location, divisions) for segmenting results.
SPECIFIC WORK SETTINGS VERSIONS
In response to requests by our clientele, we have created a number of versions of the MBA Inventory which are specific to the needs of unique work settings. These specific work setting versions include:
For each of these specific work setting versions, the action items for group members’ setting have been customized to reflect the unique aspects of these workplaces. Additionally, each specific work setting versions is available in both the Basic MBA Inventory and the Advanced MBA Inventory versions.
INCREASED REPORTING CAPABILITIES
We are excited to be able to provide a number of new reporting capabilities that will facilitate employers and supervisors in being able to receive and share group members’ MBAI results with one another. These include (as well as other options) the ability to:
- Report individual and work group results to supervisors
- Have group administrators for companies/organizations using the MBAI
- Administrators can create groups and run reports
- Create and manage subgroup results.
SOCIAL MEDIA SHARING
We now provide each individual taking the MBA Inventory (regardless of the version they choose) to be able to share their MBAI results with their friends, family and colleagues via Twitter and Facebook. Additionally, we have made the MBA Inventory website mobile friendly.