THE MBA INVENTORY
What is the MBA Inventory?
The Motivating By Appreciation (MBA) Inventory is an assessment tool developed by psychologist Dr. Paul White and Dr. Gary Chapman, to accompany the 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace: Empowering Organizations by Encouraging People. The MBA Inventory assists supervisors, managers, and coworkers to be able to communicate appreciation to their colleagues in ways that are meaningful and which “hit the mark” for the person you want to encourage. In many settings (non-profit organizations, educational institutions, churches and ministries, medical/dental practices) managers want to show their appreciation for the work being done by their colleagues, but monetary reward is either not appropriate or not feasible. The inventory takes 15-20 minutes to complete online and an individual report is generated immediately which identifies the respondent’s primary language of appreciation, their secondary language of appreciation, and the language of appreciation which is least important to them. Additionally, a unique action list is developed for each individual’s profile and personal preferences.
The 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace
WORDS OF AFFIRMATION
ACTS OF SERVICE
- The MBA Inventory™ assesses individuals’ preferences for how they are best encouraged and feel appreciated by others with whom they work.
- The inventory takes approximately 15-20 minutes to complete online.
- You will receive an individualized report identifying your primary language of appreciation, your secondary language, and your least valued language, along with specific actions important to you.
- We have created industry-specific versions of the MBA Inventory for work settings with unique characteristics, such as schools, medical facilities, and work relationships over long distances. For more information, click here.
- We offer discounts for purchases of multiple codes: 10%; when purchasing 10-25 codes; 20% discount when purchasing 26-99 codes; 30% when purchasing 100+ codes. The codes can be purchased directly online and the appropriate discount will be automatically applied.
Specific Work Settings Versions
Many work settings have unique characteristics regarding scheduling, availability for interaction during the work day, position titles, and what action items are realistic (or unrealistic) given their work conditions. In response to requests from the organizations we serve, we have partnered with work groups, managers and employees to create industry-specific versions of the Motivating By Appreciation Inventory.
Our goal is to make the inventory as practical and applicable to as many work settings as possible. While the standard version of the inventory is well suited for most work environments, we have created specialized versions for long distance work relationships, school settings, medical settings, the military, ministry/not-for-profits, and government settings.
It is important to note: If you want your staff to take an industry specific version of the MBA Inventory you must purchase a code for that industry. Codes provided with the book are only for the standard version of the inventory and cannot be converted or “traded” for industry specific codes. (We have created these specific versions in response to requests by our clientele and have chosen to provide these unique versions at no additional cost to the price of the standard version of the inventory.)